Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time and change will surely show...

Watching the Inauguration today really made me think about the courage it takes to take the steps toward change. I know that comparing my life to that of the President is kind of out there but stay with me for a minute. I feel like I am at a point in my life where change is on the horizon. My youngest is headed to kindergarten next year so the stay at home mom gig is going to be shortened to after school and breaks. My focus for the last ten years is basically going to disintegrate and I will be on my own to recreate some new focus. Before my kids were born I taught special education . High stress and not something I really want to go back too. I am trying hard to look at this as an endeavor that is basically open to new unique experiences and possibility. Things like that scare the crap out of me though. I hate change. Despise it really. I have come a long way over the past year. I have tried tons of new, scary things and some I have actually enjoyed. I am hoping something will lead me toward the thing I am destined to become involved in, something that will inspire me and change me. I am hoping whatever that thing might be is also something that lets me inspire others and cause positive change in the world.

No comments: