Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chasing happiness.

Lately I have been feeling like I can't quite get happy. I think I had a bit of an epiphany about it today. I have been placing way too much emphasis on large long range things that I think will make me happy and not focusing on the small everyday things I could be enjoying along the way. What I think I am saying is stop and smell the roses a little and maybe everyday can be a happy day. For instance today I noticed the way the sunlight sparkled on the newly fallen snow...it looked like hundreds of tiny jewels and it made me smile. Yesterday I heard the loud laughter of all three girls at the same time which made me giggle myself since it is such a rare occurrence. Last week my kitty cat was cold at night and snuggled with me purring loudly waking me out of a deep sleep but still making me feel happy. Those types of things happen multiple times a day and if I added them together I am sure I would feel a sense of daily happiness. What I have been doing is standing on the outside looking at how happy everyone else seems to be and not focusing on the minute by minute stuff in my life. I am vowing to myself to try and loosen up a little and let go of some of my stress and axiety so I can enjoy my kids and my husband and myself a little more.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I think I need to do this too!

Stacy said...

GOOD for you...i need to too!