Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The comedy of errors that is my life.

When I really stop and think about it my life is a jumbled mass of errors surrounded by laughter. Like the recent arrival of Amelia's need to tell on herself about every little thing until I finally told her I really didn't care what the heck she does as long as she doesn't tell me about it. OR maybe the fact that Caroline had a two year old fit over the fact that I couldn't come have lunch with her on the exact date of her half birthday and I felt the need to bargain with her to get her to stop. It could even be the fight that Olivia and Amelia had over a plastic champagne glass full of cat food (don't ask) out in front of the Chris' office while he was on an important conference call. Amelia telling me that if I decided not to make pancakes for dinner that she was going to fire me was pretty funny. What was even funnier is when I asked if that meant I was just fired from making from dinner or all around fired she pointed a finger in the air and make a big circle to signify ALL the way aROUND fired...I had to laugh right out loud at that one. The comedy continued today when it stated to snow. Caroline grew out of her boots from last year and I haven't found any for her yet ..she wears women's sizes all of a sudden and they are so expensive and I am so CHEAP. Anyway we got a ton of snow today and she wanted to play outside so what did I do?? doubled up on socks and let her wear some 3$ shoes I got on clearance that we could just throw away. At least I didn't do the plastic bags inside the shoes right? I assume the errors in my life will continue and I hope the laughter will keep on going to balance everything out.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

My husband and I have been trying to teach our kids that sometimes you just need to laugh at yourself when you make a mistake.

lissa said...

Hey, she fires me every time I cut her hair!