Friday, January 23, 2009

Seeing clearly through the fog.

When you hear the economy is bad it is hard to really understand until it starts really affecting people you know. Today I found out a good friend lost her job. She is a good person with a family. She was always on time and rarely missed work. These things made no difference when push came to shove. Now she is left to feel like a failure and try and put things back together and start the frustrating task of finding another job. It is so hard to look forward and past the fog to a promising future but that is the best thing to do. I am speaking from experience. Chris lost his job last May and we faced such uncertainty and self doubt. The most important thing I want to get across is that although it is a hard road to take with lots of bumps and dead ends, I am happy we had to face that trip. It made us closer as a family and helped us reevaluate what is important. It also taught us not to feel overly secure and always be open to change. My friend is an awesome person with tons of great qualities and any company would be lucky to have her. She will land on her feet quickly and I hope our country will follow and the economy will rebound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best!! I am bawling but thank you very much for this.

Heidi

Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

I was made redundant twice in 2 months last year! Unlucky! I'm now in a job which I enjoy and works better for the family so it really was for the best.

Beth said...

I agree with you Laura it ususally does end up for the best in the end but getting there is sometimes depressing :)