Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CEL-E-BRATE good times COME ON!

This is a little tribute to my sister, Abby, on her 33rd Birthday! She is trapped inside during a snowstorm with two little boys so I thought I would give her a laugh! Plus people keep bugging her to do the 25 things about me on Facebook...so I figure I will just link it here so she doesn't have too!

33 Things about Abby :)

1) Abby is the funniest person she knows (and I know except myself of course:)
2) Abby is a great listener. She always knows what I am saying and gives great advice.
3) Abby loves her boys and would do anything for them.
4) When Abby was little she fell off the front steps with a curtain rod in her mouth and had to go to the ER and have surgery. When her 5 year old accidentally hit my 4 year old in the head with a shovel (don't ask) over the summer I think we both had flashbacks to that day.
5) In her next life she is going to be a private investigator.
6) Wine is her favorite food group.
7) She doesn't like doughnuts or really any breakfast foods.
8) Just the other day our parents were arguing about whether Abby was turning 32 or 34 this year. Imagine that they were both wrong. At least they knew which day her birthday was on.
9) She likes girly things especially makeup. Thank God for Sephora!
10) She spent time as an exchange student in Germany.
11) We used to be mortal enemies as kids but now we talk 3 or more times a day and see each other multiple times a week.
12) She stole the name Owen from me ....well it was my BOY name and I never had one so I guess she didn't' technically steal it.
13) She dated her now husband Jeremy for months before she introduced him to her family.
14) Abby loves to gamble especially in Vegas.
15) Abby had a terrible experience with the birth of her first son and I think it took a great deal of strength and courage to have another child. Nick was worth it too he is a doll.
16)Snow and ice on Abby's birthday is nothing new...on her 2nd bday in '78 we had a huge blizzard that shut down the city for a week. During the blizzard our brother went down the stairs in a laundry basket and broke his arm and my dad had to drive him to the hospital in the VW van.
15) Abby never wore braces
16)...but has had glasses since she was little.
16) She prefers baths over showers
18) ..and a pool over the ocean.
19) She has an obsession with squirrels ..one in particular.
20) She has a secret drawer.
22) She likes to be right and usually is.
23) She is a DVR addict.
24) Once she got a popcorn maker from her husband as a gift and she cried. I think her husband did better this year.
25) She can keep a secret (unlike me).
26) She makes the best coffee and hot sandwiches.
27) She and I constantly owe each other money for one reason or another.
28) We both hate it when our Dad is mad at us..our Mom we don't really worry about but our Dad we do for some reason
29) She has an odd affinity for Bobby Flay. Not just his food but him. She made her husband take her to his restaurant in Vegas and secretly hoped she would meet him.
30) She is always on time or early.
31) She is a stickler for correct grammar.
32) She has a personalized license plate on her car.
33) Her word is as good as gold. She says she is going to do it it is done

I hope you have a great day little sis'! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

lissa said...

Beth,

That was incredible!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. My sister and I have also become a lot closer now than when we were growing up.

Anonymous said...

What about Wesley's buttery coffee cake???

Pam said...

That is just the sweetest thing to do for your sister. You know her so well!