Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To Caroline's 4th grade teachers:

So it is the holidays and we have joyous family activities to enjoy and school concerts and plays to attend. We have baking to do and shopping, visiting Santa and watching the snow. On top of all of that for some reason now Caroline has an elaborate project assigned TODAY due December 18th. WHY would a teacher do that to a fourth grader (AND HER MOTHER) ??? I seriously don't get the reasoning behind it. Assign it in January when NOTHING is going on....assign it in February when NOTHING is going on. PLEASE don't assign a huge assignment in DECEMBER when there is something going on EVERY single night of the week and double time on the weekend.
It isn't like I am an amateur here. I was a teacher. I get that there is a curriculum and a schedule. I get that the kids have to do these in depth projects. I just don't get why they have to do them during such a busy month.

** this is dedicated to my friend and fellow 4th grade mom Heather ****

2 comments:

David Wahl said...

Idle hands are the devil's workshop. So, busyness, especially during this special Jesus time is building a fence around your kids that keeps Satan at bay.

AmyT said...

sigh...I hate it when teachers do that!!!! It happened to me last year with a science project - I kept asking the teacher when they were going to do it.."oh I'm not sure, I don't know if we'll do it"....then all the sudden - he assigned it...and due in like 2 wks! WHAT?!?!? It take s over a month most of the time to do one! grrrrrr