Monday, December 29, 2008

Amelia and Nick's great adventure.

Today my nephews came over. Owen is five and Nick is two. Owen immediately settled in for a long morning of playing Wii with Caroline and Olivia. Amelia took Nick by the hand and led him upstairs to play in her room. My sister and I were busy trying to change my blog design around so we kept yelling up and asking if everything was going OK. Amelia kept saying YES. When she came down asking for a different shirt for Nick we got a little suspicious so I went up to check it out. They had dumped an entire bottle of bubble bath in my bathroom sink and they were splashing around with 10 rubber ducks. I got them all cleaned up and brought them down for lunch. After lunch they got into playing with the Moon Sand (which is a whole other hellish story).
When I took Amelia to bed tonight I found out the rest of the story. Her room looked like a bomb blew up in there...clothes tossed everywhere...stuffed animals piled up ....toy tubs dumped over. I asked what had happened and she told me they were searching for the magic mirror...ummm OK what the heck is the magic mirror?? After a few minute of putting her room back together she yells that she found it! I look over and she is holding a pink hand mirror that lights up around the edges, apparently dubbed the magic mirror. She then tells me how Nick LOVES the mirror because he loves to watch himself pick his nose and then her voice dropped to a whisper and she tells me you know mom he does that picking thing all the time. Finally I gave up trying to clean her room up and told her to get in bed. She then freaks out because she can't find her Leapster. I ask her where it could be and she tells me well Nick hid it today after he threw it off her bed a few times. We then searched for a while and finally she discovered it was under her pillow with all the game disks. Finding the game jogged Amelia's memory and she remembered that Nick had put the Leapster to bed before he left. On the way out her bedroom door I discovered a half chewed piece of gum and a spilled can of rootbeer. I guess the moral of the story is that I should get my butt off the computer and supervise the very inventive four year old and the squirrly two year old.


1 comment:

For Kicks and Giggles said...

We wouldn't want you any other way, you are perfect and your chaotic household...all part of the package we love! Just wonder what Nick did after he picked his nose :)