Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More funnies from my nephew


I had planned to blog about my 4th grader's violin concert. I figured it would be long and hideous since they aren't even using bows yet and it is all plucking. Ehhh it wasn't half bad! The worst part of the whole thing was having to get there 40 minutes before it started to get a seat (the parents at our elementary are very involved to say the least).

So I have to go to plan B for my blog tonight. My Sister had me laughing so hard today I was crying. My nephew Owen who turned 5 in September always cracks me up.

Today at breakfast he was reaching for his juice glass and he made a terrible face and said "EEWWWW!" My sister said "Is something wrong with the juice???" He said "NO mom when I moved I could smell my bottom." My sister was like OH DEAR. What do you even say to that???

Then she went on to tell me that she was putting together a gift for Nick's teacher's (my other cuter then pie nephew) and telling Owen that they needed to figure out a Christmas gift for his teachers. He ran into my sisters room and a few minutes later came out holding one of her 3 inch high dress heels and said I want to give these to my teachers...ummm ok those are the shoes my sister and I affectionately call "hooker" shoes and his teachers are old and when I say OLD I mean Chris had one of them as a preschool teacher 30+ years ago.. the image of them walking around in these shoes seriously is enough to make me pee my pants with laughter!!

After much crying and discussing she finally got Owen to agree to gift cards for his teachers insted of the hooker shoes. Whhheeww!

2 comments:

David Wahl said...

Nancy is over on the couch laughing right now. I just read it out loud to her.

Anonymous said...

Beth now I know what to get Gabrielle's teachers! :) Karen