Monday, December 8, 2008

NOT me Monday!

A tradition I discovered on my favorite blog: www.mycharmingkids.com

Ready Set GO!

Earlier this week there is no way I decided it was just easier to wear the clothes I slept in and slick my hair back even when I actually had to go out and take Caroline to the pediatrician for a sore throat. I could never have told the nurse to just hurry up and swab her throat instead of trying to rationally talk her into not crying about the HUGE Q-tip thing coming at her.
I certainly could never have laid on the couch ALL day Saturday feeling like I was ready to die at any minute with the terrible virus the kids gave me. I could never have let Chris take all the kids to Frosty's gift shop at school and then to lunch and Sam's club while I slept and watched HGTV all day long. NO WAY. I wouldn't have had 3 glasses of wine to try and numb the burning in my throat while he did laundry and bathed the kids ..nope not in a trillion years.
The cat could never have climbed on the counter and found a loaf of bread and eaten straight through the plastic so he could pull out a few slices. NO sane cat could do a thing like that. Better yet I did NOT just throw those slices away and stick the rest of the loaf in the fridge for the week. NOPE not me.
I did not wake up 10 minutes after the alarm and say a silent prayer that the roads were icy enough for a 2 hour delay so we could all sleep in but NOT icy enough to close school for the day. NO way when I realized it was fine out did I try to let Amelia sleep in but wake the other two girls for school.
I surely didn't take Amelia shopping and bribe her to keep her mouth shut about my Christmas purchases by buying her a lollipop AND a Happy Meal on the way home...that would not be good mothering..absolutely NOT.

No comments: