Monday, December 22, 2008

NOT ME Monday!






I did NOT dread school ending Friday and having the kids home for two full weeks NOPE not me. I could never have offered my children MONEY to help me clean the house but only IF they did it quietly...never.
I certainly did NOT take it personally when two different people told me my cat is FAT when I sent them what I thought was a darling picture of him...no that would be silly.

I could never have made my children bundle up and deliver trays of cookies to 6 different neighbors in -20 degree wind chill...nope not me. That would be plain mean even if I made them hot chocolate ...
I would never have had a semi nervous breakdown when I woke up this morning to NO Internet and NO cable. I could not have decided since we had no computer or TV that I would take all three kids out in -20 degree windchill to Walmart..that certainly would not have been a good idea especially when on the Monday before Christmas. I could not have stood in the toy aisle letting them look at toys so I could check my email, play on Facebook and talk on the phone...nope not ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paid Ethan $1 to try to deliver Terry's cookies yesterday in 9 degree weather:) He readily agreed! Of course she wasn't home, so we have to try yet again. Those cookies are going to be nice and stale by the time she gets them :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

I feel I know you better through your blog than all the talks we've had over the last twenty years!

Heather