Saturday, December 13, 2008

Imagination working overtime.

For the last hour Amelia has been trying to fall asleep. She came out the first time and had a distressed look on her face....she asked if there are any poison apples anywhere in the world. I told her NO and she said "are you sure?". Finally I convinced her to head back to bed. Ten minutes later I heard a thump and pitter patter and there she was again. Another question. "Mom is the Wicked Witch a real live lady?" I had to explain that she is just pretend and NO she is not real...that took a lot of convincing but finally I talked her into believing me. I assumed she fell asleep when I hadn't heard from her for 20 minutes...hmmm no such luck. Thud, pitter patter. "MOM is Rudolph real?? and is he out flying around outside my window??" Well without ruining the magic of Christmas I finally got her to believe Rudolph is way too busy helping Santa to be flying around in little old Ohio just 2 weeks before Christmas...whheww crisis averted.

I walked her back to bed and left her light one and tiptoed out of her room...and before I even got back to my room there she was behind me. "MOM on Christmas Eve if I have to go to the bathroom will Santa see me sitting on the potty and will I be able to see him??" I had to think a minute about how to answer that one. I hemmmed and hawwed and finally told her Santa is magic and can be invisible when he wants to be and NO he would not see her and she would definitely NOT see him...That was 10 whole minutes ago so I am sure I am not out of the imagination woods yet!

No comments: