Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Break

Is it over yet?? So far the whining and picking with each other has totally overshadowed the fun family time I envisioned for the TWO week holiday break from work and school. It only started Friday though so I guess it could still turn around.
When taking one last look at the Dear Santa lists the girls wrote on the fridge I had to chuckle a little. Caroline has Buxom lip gloss on her list along with clothes and a barbie. She is defiantly a mix of little girl and preteen lately. Major attitude and totally into her hair and clothes yet still plays with her sisters and enjoys dolls and make believe. Olivia's list has one thing on it..an Ipod yet it has a description after it that she wants one LIKE her sister's not the bright colored NEW ones. Exactly what I would expect of Olivia although I hope she likes the NEW bright purple one Santa is bringing. Amelia's list is expertly writing in the perfectly (mostly backward) formed letters of a 4 year old. She wants toys and a learning to read game and puzzles. I think one of the presents she is getting from Santa is the best one even though it isn't on her list. She has been begging to get this stuffed ice cream cone (with a face) from a food place around here. She has wanted to 'buy' it with her coupons from her kids meals for the last year (it takes 10) but I have always told her no maybe next time. Last night I sent Chris out with a Ziploc of kids meal coupons to get the dang stuffed ice cream cone for under the tree. She will be absolutely surprised and I personally think it will be her favorite gift!
Although I am guessing when she gets old enough to realize Santa is a fake she will think I am a cheapskate. Oh well I will relish in the here and now and the Christmas magic the ice cream cone with the face is going to bring to our house.