Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just some thoughts.

I am not a mushy person or someone who shows emotion much at all. I hold things in most of the time until I can't anymore. I know it isn't good for me to do that but I can't help it..could be the way I was raised, could just be my innate emotional make-up..who knows. I am trying really hard to put my heart on my sleeve more often and really get it all out there...it is my own kind of therapy.
Anyhoo... I have been thinking lately a lot about relationships and how they affect my life and happiness. Along with that I have been thinking about priority within those relationships. I remember an interview I saw with some woman a few years ago where she talked about putting her marriage and husband above her children and how she got hammered and scrutinized for that. I myself agree with her. I think about people I know that pour themselves into their children's lives. Everything is planned and decided around their kid's schedules and they never take time to focus on their marriage or even themselves. Husbands (or wives for that matter) are put on the back burner and lost in the shuffle of everyday life of PTA meetings and soccer practices. Then when the kids turn 18 and go off to college the parents look at each other like strangers and often go separate ways. In the past few years I have discovered all these things first hand and have been trying to put my husband and marriage up higher on the priority list of life...to the top actually. This relationship is the one I want to flourish and grow and stand on it's own later. This relationship is one that I want to always have and always cherish. This relationship is meant to be and destined to last into wrinkles and rockers.
Having this makes me a better mother to the children I love.

No comments: