Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When is good enough enough?

Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to relax. I have found that no matter what I do it just isn't good enough, I always feel I need to do more. The worst part about it is that I am the only one judging myself. If I exercise for 45 minutes I feel I should have done it for an hour. If I spend 20 minutes reading with the kids I wish it had been 45 minutes. When the kids eat a treat I feel like a failure because it wasn't nutritious. Anyway you get my drift . I can never just say that things are good enough and let it go. This thought cycle puts me in a constant state of unrest so that I can't quite relax. I am not at all sure where this harsh judgement of myself came from but I know I don't like it one bit. One thing I do know is that I have not always been this way. I wonder if I might just be making my goals bigger and harder to obtain so that I can never quite reach them. Maybe I need meditation ?or medication? or just a 24 hour a day wine IV?

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I think we all struggle with this I know I have times of struggle with it and times I do good.

Heather said...

I feel the same way sometimes. Thankfully, Duane is a stable, steady force and balances me out. :-)

For Kicks and Giggles said...

I know why, completely and totally why...ME! The bad of me is rubbing off on you and the good of you and rubbing onto me!! Yup that is why, so lets both hook up the IV and drink our anxieties away sister!

Tina Michelle said...

I feel the same way. Got enough wine IV for 2?