Monday, March 30, 2009

One Whole Hand.

It really is hard to believe I have made it through the first five years of Amelia's life. I thought by now she would have driven me into insanity or at least constant drunkenness. I remember so clearly the day Caroline turned 5 and how old I thought she was and now Amelia is 5, yet I still think of her as my baby. I guess it will always be that way though because that is what she is, my baby. There are countless reasons I love Amelia and there are countless ways she drives me closer to the deep end. I am convinced with her bull headedness and strong ideas she will end up as a high powered executive of some kind or maybe the first female professional hockey player. Over the last 5 years we have endured 2 sets of daredevil stitches, countless hours of tantrums, mean faces and loud opinions but we have also relished in the many hugs, fierce independence, hilarious humor and a gentle heart. I admire and love all these qualities,both bad and good, because they are what make up my Amelia and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

You should read Aaron's Way it is the journey of a strong-willed child. The mom and son write it together Kendra Smiley and Aaron Smiley. It might be helpful for you :) And happy birthday to your baby!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

That's a great cake!......And an adorable little girl!