Monday, March 16, 2009

The Luck of the Irish

I am Irish so I was thinking last night about what the term luck of the Irish really means. I googled and searched but I couldnt find much explanation so I made up my own definition.

I am lucky because I have such a wonderful devoted husband even though he travels so much , coaches two soccer teams,and is on the tree committee.


I am lucky because I have such a giving thoughtful 10 year old even though she rolls her eyes and talks back.

I am lucky to have such a sweet,sensitive 8 year old even though she cries at the drop of a hat and collects everything known to man.

I am lucky to have such a strong opinionated 5 year old even though she is SO strong and SO opinionated.

I am lucky to have 2 furry lovable cats even though one sleeps on my head and the other on my feet.

I am lucky to have so many supportive,caring friends even though some live so far away and some are as crazy as me.

Obviously the luck of the Irish means to take the good with the bad and still feel like you found the pot of gold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're Irish?

Beth said...

Ummm yes we are.. Remember our grandma?? Frances Moon?? She was born in Ireland and immigrated to the US or maybe it was her parents but either way we have some Irish in us!!

Tonya said...

I'm Irish too! Great post loved the spin on it ;)