Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Ultimate Spring Break

Spring Break is looming close once again around here. The kids keep telling me about how all their friends are doing exciting and adventurous things like Disney world or the beach. They are flying on planes and playing in the sun. A lot of them are even missing school tomorrow to get a jump start on their vacations. I tried to tell my kids that we will do some really exciting adventurous things over spring break too! They all looked at me through squinty doubting eyes. I explained that we would be adventuring through their closets and they would get to pretend to be fashion models when they try all their spring clothes on to see what fits. We will take a side trip to do our weekly shopping at, you guessed it, the exclusive neighborhood grocery store! We might even make a really special excursion to Target where they can feast on the delicacy of popcorn and icee's. They can even put on their bathing suits and swim around in the bathtub. I would be glad to provide them with some opportunity to so some habitat for my humanity during their break. They can scrub the floors on their hands and knees and clean their rooms from top to bottom. I promise I will craft each of them a trophy of some sort to show their dedication to my cause. That way when their friends are showing off their Mickey Mouse ears and tans they will have something to show for their fabulous vacation.
I was shocked and surprised by the fact that the kids weren't doing back flips about my special action packed plans.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

That is awesome. Sounds somewhat like what our break is going to be like but we are throwing in a two day stay at an indoor water park. I told the kids that they can each pick out a meal that they can cook over the break and they are SO excited about that. Ha! Who know that could be exciting :)