Sunday, March 22, 2009

Romance Novel: New Edition.

Chris and I had a much needed afternoon/dinner date yesterday. It was lovely to just do what we wanted and be together. Somewhere in the middle of the time I realized that what date means to us now is certainly not what date meant 15 years ago. Before we were married a date would include flowers and romance. We would spend hours holding hands and talking about the life we hoped to build together. I remember one specific date where we sat together on a bridge overlooking a creek and talked about how many children we might want someday and where we might want to live. I think we were 16 at the time. Our date yesterday involved Home Depot and Target and didn't really have any of the traditional romance we once had. It did involve romance though. We split a Cinnabon and discussed our children. We searched for a piece of artwork to hang in our home sweet home. It certainly involved love and patience too. Chris stood in busy, hot Victoria's secret while I searched for undies..now that says love I tell you! Our marriage is comfortable and worn in just how I like it and so are our dates. With so much uncertainty lately in the world I feel like I am where I was meant to be and where I want to stay.

No comments: