Friday, March 27, 2009

Shopping with the Girls: an Education

Today was the last day of the girl's spring break so Chris took the day off and we decided to drive up to some outlet stores to shop and have lunch. I got a lot more then I bargained for on our trip! Here is what I learned in a nutshell:

10.5 year old's can't eat off the kids menu anymore even though they can only eat 1/2 of what they order off the regular menu.

8 year old's want to wear glasses so bad they will use their own money to buy fake ones.
5 year old's hate shopping and enjoy embarrassing their parents by dropping to their knees and scooting Round bumping into other customers.


Advertising has obviously done it's job because brand names are suddenly the only way to go.

A hissing and growling kid gets lot of stares and sympathetic smiles.

"I am going to cancel your birthday party" can only be used so many times before it becomes an empty threat.
3 kids can never agree on what movie to watch and when I decide to choose for them it is the worst movie ever that they have seen a billion times....which is good for me because they would rather have silence.
Whining and yelling in the car is a lot louder then at home.

Being able to look for clothes for yourself is strictly forbidden.

Trying to be thrifty by packing snacks and drinks in a cooler is a lost cause.

I really have turned into my mother because I swear I uttered the words "If you don't stop right this minute we will pull this car over!"AND "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all."

2 comments:

Tonya said...

sorry but that was pretty funny. When I bring snacks and the kids want something else I tell them I don't have money to buy it! I just brought enough for and list items you are looking for and lunch!

Heather said...

Wow! Sounds like a heck of a trip.