Monday, March 2, 2009

Not ME Monday!

Joining in the blog Carnival over at My Charming Kids! Join in it is great fun!




There is no way my 10 year old got up ever single day last week and took her own temperature and looked down her own throat to try and get out of going to school...NOPE she could never have done that. She also DID NOT wake up Saturday morning with a terrible cough and sore throat..that would have been sooo unfair!

I certainly did NOT volunteer in Amelia's preschool class without taking a shower and the teacher did NOT say that I looked like I didn't feel well and could go home if I wanted...NOPE didn't happen. I really DID stick it out and stay though.

I could never have watched Karate Kid after 25 years and been totally glued to the TV like it was the best movie ever..no way that would ever happen!

I did NOT hand craft Amelia's birthday invitations because I couldn't find any I liked and they certainly did not end up being twice as expensive as the store bought ones. NO WAY.

I would never have spent an hour Dysoning just to have some peace from the whining..nope not ME.

I did NOT pretend to be asleep when two of the three kids woke up at the same time crying..nope that would not have been nice.

I would never have forgotten that I signed the girls up for a gymnastics class that starts this week and only remembered by sheer chance..nope that could not have happened.

The power could not have gone out for over an hour during dinner time with my chicken half cooked.. that would have sucked big time!... although the wine kept flowing and kept me warm and in a good mood.

Chris could never have run outside in his flannel PJ's at midnight to yell at some kids putting signs in our yard...NO way that would have made us old and crotchety!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Boy, has it been a LONG time since high school when a friend & I used to pluck "For Sale" signs out of peoples yards and redeposit them in different locations. That was such fun! Fortunately, it's not happened to us. Yet. I imagine when our girls hit high school we'll see some good pranks.

Great ones this week!

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER pretend to not hear my girls at night either. I would NOT be that selfish. ;) I also have a Dyson that I LOVE!!!

For Kicks and Giggles said...

Okay neighbor, I totally missed out on seeing my Taco man in his sexy PJ's!!! What's up with that?