Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Three Little Sweet Tarts.

Since it is Valentines week I thought I would talk some more about LOVE and all that mushy stuff. This time I am going to touch on a different type of love though, the love a Mom has for her children. I am hoping that writing this down on paper reaffirms it to myself since lately each one has been exasperating and challenging in their own way.
Caroline is my first born. I remember ever single little detail of my pregnancy and how I longed to have a baby. We didn't know if she would be a boy or a girl but she was so wanted and anticipated that the minute she was born she was surrounded by love. She was a darling little girl and was always the center of our attention. Probably a little too much because by the time we hit preschool she was very attached to me and had a hard time letting go. Once we got past that and into kindergarten she became quite the social butterfly. She has a very magnetic personality and people generally enjoy talking to her. Caroline is very creative and loving and will always be my first experience with every stage of childhood. I am guessing there will lots of tears from both of us as we enter the teen years. I think she will teach me a lot
Olivia came next into our world. She was bald as a billiard and cute as could be. Big blue eyes and long lashes. She didn't have much hair until around 2 and was always mistaken for being younger except when she opened her mouth and started talking. She had quite a vocabulary and a temper to match. Olivia is such a unique individual. From the outfits she wears to the way she solves problems she follows her own road and it is defiantly the one less traveled. That characteristic is one that I admire and hope she can continue to cultivate and exhibit forever.

Amelia is our last born and was actually the easiest baby. It is obvious now she was fooling us to get us to adore her before she let her true personality shine. She has a very strong personality to say the least. Actually everything about Amelia is strong. She is tall for four and has better defined arms then I do. She can debate and discuss pretty much anything and can make you agree with her either because you really do agree or because you just can't bare to hear it anymore. Amelia is one of the funniest people I know..even at four she says some of the most laugh out loud hilarious things you have every heard. She also has a real soft spot for baby's and animals. She absolutely loves our cats and can usually be found dragging a baby doll around every where she goes. I am sure that some day she will be a mom and a good one at that.
I love the sound of them giggling together. I love it when they come to each others defense and when they miss each other after a day apart. I love it when I see a flicker of Chris in them. I cherish all three of them for their strengths and for their weaknesses.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

spoken like a true mom! great post. All 4 of my kids are so different and yet somewhat similar.