Thursday, February 26, 2009

The thaw.

Every year around the end of February I start to yearn for the blue cloudless sky and the hot sun. The carefree days of basking in the glow and throwing the schedule out the window.

The squishy sand between my toes and the frothy water nipping at my legs.


I begin to imagine the sweet smell of wildflowers and the chirping birds that wake me in the morning.

I hear the sound of laughing and frolicking echoing in my head like a happy memory..it even blocks out the winter whining and constant fighting.
I can almost hear the ice begin to thaw and the flowers and trees begin to bud.


Ahhh I hope Spring is almost upon us because I know Summer is not far behind!




1 comment:

Tonya said...

I am so right there with you. Spring where are you?! Sun I miss you!