Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Survivial of the Fittest

Have you ever seen a movie or read a book that described someone drowning and when people tried to swim out and to rescue them, the hysterical drowning person grabbed on to them and pulled them under water?? This vividly describes a friend of mine right now. She is drowning in her problems and lies and is pulling everyone close to her under water and making them part of her mess. It doesn't matter if the person is a friend or a sister or a mom or a dad, that person is being sacrificed so she can keep her head above water to just get enough breath to survive. She can't find her way out of the water but she has enough strength to preserve her own life at the expense of everyone around her. It makes me terribly sad to see this happen and I innately want to help but I am one of the ones that already tried that and drown. I won't try again. I can't. I have to think about my family and my survival. Relationships are never easy and they are even harder when you are always the one giving support but not ever receiving any. I have turned a blind eye over and over again in this situation because I want things to be different then they are but just because I want them to be and hope that they are does not make it happen. My heart is heavy and I still care but sometimes the only thing to do is to walk away.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

those are the worst situations. I'm so sorry you have to watch it go down.