Saturday, May 30, 2009

Distances of the Heart

Sometimes a short distance means a great deal. Like today I ran over 5 miles. To me that is a huge distance. In October I am signed up to run a 1/2 marathon and that is 13.1 miles. That sounds insurmountable at the moment. Then I think about the fact that Chris is over 3000 miles away right now in London and 13 miles doesn't seem so far. In reality it is all about mind over matter. I know my body can run 13.1 miles I just have to give it a pep talk and make it happen. I know I can survive a week with Chris so far away I just have to remember our unshakable connection that outlasts oceans and time zones (well that and all the Poptarts, wine and Capn' Crunch I will consume to balance the stress). I have to try and enjoy the final few days of school for the girls since this time can never be turned back and redone. I have to take lots of pictures and document how far each of them has come in the past 9 months. I have to remember that their dad missing all this isn't the end of the world and that there will be other last days of school in the not so distant future. Distance is all relative to where you are coming from and where you are going in the future. I hope no matter what, I can travel the path with a positive mind and a happy heart.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Good luck on your 1/2 marathon, I ran one in September and I loved it!!

For Kicks and Giggles said...

and not to mention...you lovebirds "distance does make the heart grow fonder"....I shall remind you of that next week when he is home and on your nerves! You can go any distance you set your mind too my friend!!!