Friday, January 1, 2010

My top stories of 2009

These are some things about the year 2009 that made me happy. Things about myself and my life that I find empowering and exciting. Things that I want to use as an example for 2010 to build on and explore.
1) Surrounding myself with people I really, truly respect as much as they respect me .
2) Setting an extreme goal for myself and working through highs as well as lows to get there.
3) Letting myself out of my self-made box and trying some new adventures beyond my comfort level.
4) Realizing that my children are growing up and require less physical parenting but more support and emotional parenting.
5) No matter how some things look from the outside, they are pretty much never that way once you actually get insisde.
6) Sometmes imagining something is way worse than actually taking that scary first step and actually doing it.
7) Trying something and failing is ten times better than not trying at all.
8) Love is much more powerful than hate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is nice.