Monday, January 18, 2010

Not What We Bargained For.

Sometimes what we have conjured up in our heads about people just isn't who or what they really are. I tend to put people up on pedestals when in reality the things holding them up there are figments of my imagination. Although everyone has qualities that make them worthy of greatness no one is without faults. It is hard to remember that and I often catch myself having unrealistic expectations that make me feel bad in the end. The real life version is that I can only control my own actions and reactions. Other people have an agenda and emotions of their own just as I do. Human nature is supposedly about survival of the fittest. All signs of research and history point to that but sometimes real flesh and blood doesn't measure up to science. In the end what we bargained for isn't always what we get. The hard part is figuring out how we can accept what we do get and mold it into something useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that last sentence is very nice!