Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Snag

I guess it is good that in life you have things that snap you back to reality when you start to stray. When I get a little too happy or a little too sure of myself something always sets me straight. Lately I have been feeling so glass half full positive that it is almost scary. I have been hopping out of bed to exercise, eating healthy and even (((GASP))) feeling like I look decent in my clothes. It has taken me 6 months to erase the negative body image thoughts. Six long months to not look at myself in the mirror and cringe. Then one quick incident today totally snapped my frame of mind back to before. One of my kids snapped a picture of me with my phone without me knowing about it and I happened to come upon it..I certainly didn't look how I want to look. One quick glance and back 6 months I went. No matter how far I have come in a millisecond it was all gone. Then the question becomes how do I react to this consumption of negativity? Do I let it overtake me and give up on my quest to be strong and healthy??? Do I turn it around and force it into motivational positive energy to work a little harder and focus a little more?

3 comments:

For Kicks and Giggles said...

You look awesome, trust me I see your ass everyday in your running pants:) You are rock'n and get that attitude back where you look in the mirror and DON'T gringe and prance around in your new bathing suit with pride chic, you deserve it!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree you have to stop being so hard on yourself. YOu are amazing and you should enjoy every bit of it!! ((((HUGS)))))
Heidi

abby said...

My therapist says you have to live in "this 15 minutes". Just enjoy how you are feeling and don't think about the past or the future.