Monday, July 6, 2009

Moments of Inspiration

When I am struggling and hit a wall or find lots of obstacles that are blocking my happiness I have to dig deep to find something to inspire me. Many times it forces my mind to overcome matter. Lately I have been finding inspiration in some really interesting things. First I have found inspiration in my new obsession, running. The adrenaline rush and the muscle pain are making me look at myself so differently. I see myself as stronger and able to achieve what ever goals I set. Another thing that really inspires me is food. I know that might seem strange especially when it follows directly after me saying exercise inspires me but it is true. Taking a bite of some really great food and sipping some wonderful wine always reminds me of family gatherings and fun times. Thinking of family makes me feel secure and loved and that is always inspiring. Having caring supportive people in my life is probably the biggest inspiration of all. It is exceptionally mind provoking when I see my children do something on their own that is caring and for the good of others. Seeing the good in people makes me want to be a better person and work hard to pay it forward by inspiring others.

No comments: