Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Keys to Nowhere.

It is always so hard to get it through my head that there is no magic key to happiness. When you think about it we are all always trying to reach some sort of goal in life whether it is weight loss, a bigger house, a new job or whatever. The feeling is there that once you reach that goal everything in your life will be all sunshine and butterflies but in reality one single thing can not make that happen. It is important to enjoy every day and look for accomplishment within the midst of our battles to reach our supposed serendipity. That way when we reach the goal and realize it isn't perfection we will have enjoyed the ride. By enjoying the ride I mean praising even the smallest victory and being kind to yourself even if you fall. Lets face it we should all be kinder to ourselves and everyone else. Being kind makes you feel good inside especially if you can manage to be thoughtful in the face of failure and adversity. Just imagine something kind you could do for yourself right now that doesn't involve money or having to wait for a result and do it because unlike keys or remotes once you have that thing you will have it always and it can't be lost.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great! I try to remind myself everyday that life is a Journey not a destination but some days the road is bumpy so it is good to hear this in your words!

Jillian said...

Iagree that as moms we should supprt each other! I hope u know I was not judging just stating my view on the subject! I used to judge and now I understand how hard and difficult the whole process is! I would feel really bad if you felt like I was judging women whose chose not to breastfeed! I am sorry if that was the case.