Monday, July 27, 2009

Pretending

I don't know if it is that I am headed down the hill toward middle age or what but lately I have become someone who just likes to ignore problems or issues and hope that these things fix themselves and go away. It doesn't matter if the issue is simple or complex, under the rug it goes. It is like I have some sort of Alzheimer's that crops up between recognizing there is any sort of issue and then actually addressing what is wrong and dealing with it. I have never been this way before. I always like to face things head on and get a handle on whatever it is so I can find a solution and move on. Lately things have vaguely registered in my head as problems and then I promptly tuck them somewhere between my gray matter and my problem solving lobe. Somewhere deeper I am obviously aware that I need to get a grip and deal but the hope is alive that everything will magically work itself out and I won't have to face any of it. The absolutely idiotic thing is because my subconscious mind is totally aware of me putting these things on the back burner, I am completely stressing myself out. I don't get it...ignorance is supposed to be bliss....

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

I just got tired if tucking it all away!!

Beth said...

With me it isn't that I am tucking it away exactly just sort of ignoring dealing with it...some is just easy stuff too like haircuts other stuff is a little more serious.

JJ said...

WOW. I have been experiencing this as well but just hadn't thought about it enough to put it into words. I think I have been pushing aside that I have this problem as well. Mine are little things too but neccessary!