Saturday, June 13, 2009

One is Silver the Other is Gold.

As you move across your life you pick up people on the way that end up being an integral part of who you become and what you stand for. I have friends from years ago that I met over crayons and play dough that will always have a piece of my heart and a place in my life. I have friends that I met a little later in the depths of dorms and professors that found their own place in my heart. When I got out of college and had kids I honestly thought my true friend making days were over. I guess it is closed minded of me but I figured those days were over. I could not have been more wrong. I have acquired some of my most favorite people in the last few years. Some were quick and immediate friendships that seemed to be deemed by fate. Others started out slow but have evolved into something I appreciate and need. Each one has the ability to make me smile, cry and laugh. In a world so full of despair and uncertainty I relish in the fact that I have people who would be there to celebrate with me over the joys of life. I also find it comforting that I would have support in the face of hardship or sadness. Silver or gold, old or new I think friends are the glue that holds my sanity together, my voice of reason in the face of conflict, my confidence builders and my all around champions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said!!!!

Heidi