Friday, August 28, 2009

How Firm Thy Friendship

At this point in my life I am so lucky to be surrounded by people that I enjoy and respect. People I can laugh with and cry with. The stories of how and when I crossed paths with each person are unique and varied. Some I have known for years. Some are more recent gifts. My relationship with each of them started when our lives intersected. Whatever happened before we met fades into the backround and it is easy to forget that there are details and adventures that were previously experienced. Sometimes these things are revealed through time and bring new facets to the friendship. Other times the details never surface and end up on the chopping block of unimportant facts. Everyone enters a relationship with baggage. Some only have light carry ons that are easy to manage. Other people have a large oversized suitcase full to the brim with intricate secrets and extreme adventures. It is what it is and makes us who we are. Opening your arms and accepting someone into your life, baggage and all, brings the sort of friendships that will be worth cultivating and cherishing forever.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I hope I fit into there somewhere, even though I bring multiple suitcases!!!