Monday, August 17, 2009

NOT Me Monday...Vacation Edition!

Following along with the blog carnival over at My Charming Kids. A special edition here this week! We traveled 12 hours in the car to get to Holden Beach, NC with my sister and her husband and two sons and my parents! Lots of fun! Enjoy!

We could never have driven 12 hours in the car with 3 whiny kids just to get to the ocean. I certainly did not reach the breaking point at least 10 times and I didn't hold my breath and count to 20 just to keep myself from going insane.

I certainly didn't eat greasy pizza and a few glasses of wine then go do the treadmill at the hotel .. I could never have had to get off 3 times to get water..nope not me!!

I have not had to deal with earaches, diarrhea, tantrums, splinters and snotty attitudes already and it is only day THREE!!

My brother in law could never have sabotaged my sister by leaving my screaming 2 year old nephew in the bathroom with her while she was in the shower and he never could have been pooping messily on the potty..that would have been just plain MEAN.

Chris and I did not go on a date to grocery shop at Walmart just to have 30 minutes of kid free peace..no not in a million years! I could never have gotten up at 6am on my first day at the beach to run just because I felt I HAD to keep up with my running plan..that would have been silly!

My parents could never have gotten a phone call from their realtor with an offer on MY childhood home for 40,000 $ less then the asking price..that would be ridiculous!!

My sister is NOT trying to talk me into going to karaoke at a local beach bar called Shenanigans ..that would never happen since I don't sing in front of anyone! There is no way we are taking advantage of the free limo pick and drop off and we certainly aren't planing on having our dad take a prom like picture of us before we go..never!

My three daughters could NOT have had a ten minute long discussion about why a penis is sometimes called a wiener and I certainly did not pretend to be deaf when they tried to include me in the conversation..that would have been just plain rude!!

5 comments:

The Thompsons said...

ha ha Walmart is a GREAT getaway!

Anonymous said...

OMG HILARIOUS, I want to go on vacation with you!!

Heidi

David Wahl said...

What was the conclusion of the wiener/penis debate. I've always wondered myself.

Stacy said...

Oh I love your family!!!
Stacy

Trail In Progress said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!