Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Switcheroo

Amelia and I went to visit my sister Abby and her two boy's Owen(5) and Nick(2) today. The three kids went to play in the basement and we heard some laughing and screeching. After about 20 minutes Owen came upstairs and told us we needed to come downstairs and see the big show. We eventually made our way downstairs expecting dancing or music or a play. We got something a lot more unique. Owen did the big announcement: "Here are Nick and Amelia!" Out from behind the door popped two little heads and then a big ta da as they stepped all the way out into the hall! Nick was wearing the white lacy stretch pants and pink striped dress Amelia had been wearing and Amelia had on Nick's jeans (which were capri's on her) and his t-shirt! Eventually when the giggling subsided I said, "what made you decide to switch clothes???" Amelia said. "I decided I wanted to be Owen's brother so I can live here with him." Then she told me that they decided not to switch underwear because she didn't think Nick's diaper would feel very good. I have to say I think that for two 5 year old's and a 2 year old it really was a pretty inventive plan and it certainly made the afternoon entertaining!

No comments: