Monday, April 13, 2009

Inspirational Marathon

Sometimes life seems like what I imagine running a marathon would be like. Struggle and pain for what seems like forever but then reaching the finish line in a blaze of glory (or sweat and blood depending). Life these days seems to be dragging on with considerable slowness yet filled with constant hustle and bustle. Every night is filled with activities yet the next week and the one after that seem to be the same so it doesn't feel like we are getting anywhere. I hope that the end of school equals the finish line and I can find some time to regroup and regain my energy. For right now I am depending on little things that encourage me and push me on through the stress. Here are some of MY inspirations.
*Warm sun shining down on my face. Even if the temperature isn't as warm as I would like if the sun is shining it makes me smile.

*A hot cup of tea. This always makes me wake up and embrace the day. I love coffee but I always have to have a cup of tea to begin my day. This is a tradition my own Mom passed down to me.
*Unsolicited thank yous. Especially from ten year olds.
*Helping a friend just because I want too.

*Seeing the girls head toward the end of another school year. Realizing all that they have learned and what they have taught me over the past 9 months always makes me feel pride and makes me look forward to what they and I will learn in the future

No comments: