Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer Lovin'

I just read Jana's list of summer fling hopefuls on her blog, The Meanest Mom, and thought since my husband is going to be traveling so much this summer it might be the perfect opportunity for my own fling. Here are the candidates:

1. The first possibility would be the roofers that are always out at the crack of dawn and wave fervently yelling good morning to me when I am out jogging. They always look me up and down like I am wearing my prom dress. Don't get me wrong, I try to look my very best at 7am. I roll out of bed and slick my hair back and throw on old holey workout clothes..the perfect lure for greasy, sweaty roofers!


2. Another candidate would have to be the little old grey haired bus driver I see every morning when I drop Amelia off at preschool. He is always peeking over his steering wheel waiting for me to round the bend and when I do he always jumps up waving and as I walk by he opens the bus door with a swish and has a sentiment for the day. He says things like rain makes the flowers grow or it is mighty cold out today. I guess if I wanted a deep thinking poet type I would chose him.


3. If I decide I want to be a Cougar then I would certainly go for the cart collector boy at the local Giant Eagle! He is barely out of braces and has 4 hairs growing between the pimples to show for his distinct effort to grow a mustache. He is always polite and takes my cart to the corral for me. Sometimes he even offers to carry my groceries out and helps me load them in the mini van. The only part I can't quite get past is when he calls me Mam.


4. My favorite choice would have to be the Starbucks drive thru guy. He changes his accent on a daily basis. Sometimes he is French and his name is Pierre and other times he is Jamaican and his name is Raphael. Quite often he is even wearing a beret or a brightly colored knit cap depending on his persona for the day. No matter what nationality he decides to be he always has a wink and a smile for me. If I chose him I would get the fresh delicious nectar of sweet mocha delivered to me on a daily basis. OUI OUI!!