Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Plan for a Tan

When the April showers come and start to turn to May flowers it is time to start planning for summer activities. I start to panic that the kids are going to sit and whine and be bored so I tend to over sign up for things. The last few summers we have done camps and lessons pretty much every week. By the end of the summer we are all so exhausted that going back to school feels like a break. This summer I am trying to convince myself that it would be more relaxing and beneficial to just hang out and let the kids sleep in and play all day. It doesn't help that Caroline wants to sign up for every camp she sees regardless of time commitment or cost. Then there is the other side of the coin, what if we decide to just hang out and the kids are bored and drive me and each other crazy all summer. I guess at this point it is the lesser of two evils. Then again what I really think matters it that the girls are growing so fast and time is escaping left and right. Before I know it, spending the summer with mom is going to be passé. There will be pool parties and driving lessons and boyfriends and best friends that will fill their warm long summer days. I am leaning toward drastically reducing our activities and lounging together listening to their giggles in the sun.

2 comments:

Michele S said...

Wow. You sound just like me. I've got the summer booklet right in front of me, trying to figure out how many classes I can put all four kids in at the same time! :)

Beth said...

Oh yeah at the same time is the best...ummm I mean not this year:) umm well probably not...