Friday, November 27, 2009

In One Ear and Out the Other.

I love my husband. I really do. We have an unspoken connection that appeared the moment we met. Loving someone and understanding their pattern of thought are two different things. I feel like he is hearing about every third word I say to him and most of that goes in and out without any absorption. Almost like a ball bouncing back off a wall. What I say doesn't permeate into his mind but comes back for me to rehash in my own head over and over. Then I come up with a few scenarios that he could use in the situation to fill the emotional void without any hurt feelings or anger.

Men want only pertinent info and a quick and unobscured solution. No details especially when they involve gossip or personal stories. When you read what the supposed experts say about communication between men and woman I feel like the men are given a sort of out. Woman are advised to be straight forward..men aren't mind readers tell them what you need or want. Appreciate and praise them like puppies and let them get away with only scraping the surface of every situation. At some point in a lifelong relationship there must be at least a glimmer of speaking the same language or a commitment could never be formed. If they can do it once I know they have the ability so there is no excuse to continue the typical, easier, mannish behavior. Trying to shoulder the emotional needs of two people makes me really tired. Instead of him being from Mars and me from Venus I want us both to come down to Earth.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

if this was facebook I would so hit the like button! well put :)