Friday, November 21, 2008

Preschool moms: an observation

Have you ever noticed the other moms when you are standing in the HOT hall waiting to pick your child up from preschool. There are 3 types of moms. The first is the granola ,super crunchy preschool mom...they are hippy, organic serving, green ,frizzy haired, Montessori loving, home school wanna be woman who hold their kids up on a pedestal above everyone elses. The second group are stick up the butt, prissy, prima donnas who feed their kids a hot breakfast daily and teach them to read at 3 and constantly mention it. They volunteer constantly and are overly passive aggressive to induce guilt to the THIRD group. Group three are the making it through day moms who let their kids dress themselves even if the clothes don't match. They feed their kids mac and cheese and cold pizza for breakfast and forget to take the papers from yesterday out of their kids backpacks. Their kids show up to school with their coats unzipped and two different socks on. These are the moms who don't care if their kids get paint on their clothes or play dough in their hair as long as they are having fun and busy. I like to think I am in the third group. What about you??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang I am not in any of those groups :(

AmyT said...

well...I'm partly in the 3rd group - I do get the kiddos dressed...though they would rather do it themselves :-) and I do let them on the weekends or at home. BUT...I don't care if they get paint or dirt on them - my son on every given day comes home with the dirtiest nose EVER! I always ask him how it gets so dirty - of course he doesn't know. I could have just washed his face and 5 mins later...DIRTY! lol I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!!!!! Loved the blog!