Monday, November 17, 2008

I have a love hate relationship with the holidays...

I love love love certain things about the holiday season. I enjoy the first snow and the hot chocolate that goes with that. I enjoy the decorating and the Christmas cookies. I adore the excitement the kids have over all our special holiday traditions and how they remind me of each one like I have forgotten. I don't even mind the present shopping or the wrapping. However there are things about the holidays that make me want to jump off a HIGH bridge. I can not stand having to compile lists of toys for the girls to give my in-laws who have absolutely no clue what they might want since they only see them 4 or so times a year despite only living a few miles away. I hate having to schedule time with Chris's side of the family when they are so inflexible even though we are the only people with kids. I really really detest having to scrub my house from ceiling to floor to invite them over just to have them act as if my paper plates and buffet style are below them. I will do it all though because I love Chris and I know that he loves them. See. Love. Hate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista!! Right on!!!

lissa said...

All true at my house !!!