Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Magic in Words

This holiday season I have been struggling with what I can find out there to give my most favorite people. In my lifetime there seem to be that handful of friends that I classify as the ones who are just simply my people. The ones that I feel a kinship with and what I hope is a mutual admiration. Some are friends I have had a lifetime and others are newly found but all fit into the narrow category. All I hope to keep until I am old and gray. The obligatory bottle of wine or plate of cookies just don't seem to be enough. This year I have an odd, tugging feeling inside telling me to seize the moment while I have the chance. Instead of wracking my brain to find a material gift I should wrap up my words as their gift. I feel like what I have to say can make them realize what incredible people they are and how much I respect and enjoy them. These things are often an unspoken feeling between friends but sometimes it is good to actually affirm the sentiments. So although I didn't find these gifts in stores I hope they find value in the hands of the people that receive them. If I can convey the gift they have given to me through the simple use of words then I have found the true meaning of the holidays.

1 comment:

lissa said...

Beth,
Amazing!!! Love to read them all.
Melissa