Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quirks are Cute.

Recently I was cornered by a couple of friends and pronounced weird for all my oddities. I prefer to think of it as quirky. It sounds so much cooler. I am choosing to take it as a compliment. I am not humdrum or ordinary or boring. Regardless of what you call it they are right. Absolutely. I am weird. But aren't we all? I mean each of us is like a snowflake. Different and beautiful with our own set of strange. I thought I would share a few of my best quirks. I bet I am not the only one.

* I freak out over having drop in guests. My house is just not a drop in house. I don't just have hors d'oeuvres ready to serve and fresh hand towels ready to hang.

* Public displays of affection are not my friend. I don't enjoy hugs or kisses. I don't like proclamations of love. Don't really like tears either.

* I hate surprises of all kinds. They make me want to scream. I like to know what is coming. Presents, parties, life in general.

*I can't stand fish. To eat or really to look at...they stink and taste gross. But weirdly enough I love the ocean...

*When I read books I skip words and even sentences. I get the gist of the story but sometimes I miss details. No wonder I read at warp speed.

* I love pretty, expensive jewelry. I have a ton of it. I never wear it.

* I sleep in the fetal position on my right side. Knees pulled up to chest. Can't stand sleeping with anyone touching me.

*I don't drink milk or look at it. Seeing someone else drink it makes me gag.

* I am musically challenged. I never really listen closely enough to hear the words. Instead I make up lyrics.

* I can't draw a straight line to save my life or cut one for that matter.

* I am way to literal for math.

* I name inanimate objects.


OK I shared. How about you? What makes you you?


4 comments:

Jillian said...

I'm weird and I love it!!!

Beth said...

I totally agree. Weird is great!

Amber@Nater Tot said...

Hi! I found you through Circus Daily and I already love your (weird) blog :) I am so with you on the drop in guests. No thank you!! I probably have a million weird quirks. I like to eat evenly - if I have three things in my plate I like to go around in a circle so that they are diminished at an even rate - leaving one bite of each at the end. I love being a weirdo too!

bdogmama said...

I am with you. Especially with the milk. Yuck. (But I'm obsessed with ice cream)

And the pop-ins.

Weird...about me = EVERYTHING! Seriously. I wouldn't even know where to begin!