Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Harder You Laugh the Harder You Cry.

I remember my first real friend. She lived down the street and was a real spitfire. She was everything I wasn't but wanted to be. I saw in her things I admired and wanted for myself and I think that is why our friendship blossomed. She moved when we were 5 but I will always remember her. Although that friendship was primitive and simple it really held the basis for all friend based relationships to follow. I am one of those people that prefers quality friends over quantity. The few that I consider friends are important to me. I am drawn to people who I see things in that I admire. Things I aspire too. Investing yourself into someone else is one of the hardest most heart wrenching, soul fulfilling things that a person can do. Letting yourself be found out flaws and all is part of the friendship pact. Another part is accepting those faults but instead dwelling on those things that brought you together in the first place. Sometimes it is hard to move back to that primitive beginning but it often reminds you of what was important and what began the bond. Just like every relationship, friendship grows and changes through the years. Growing pains are hard but the end result is something that is bigger and stronger. Pain always causes tears and they do sting but remember the harder you cry together the harder you laugh together.

No comments: