Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Magical List

I am not one to make lists. I am not that organized. As a matter of fact I am downright disorganized.. In my head I have lists but they never make it on paper and most of the time they don't ever manage to get things crossed off of them. I have been that way as long as I can remember. It is part of what makes me me. Disheveled and cluttered but still marginally lovable.

We are going on vacation to Disney with some friends of ours. They make lots of lists and even manage to cross things off. They are very organized. I love that about them. BUT I hate it at the same time because it makes me feel like that lady.. you know the one you see with her shirt untucked and her hair frazzled with toilet paper stuck to her heel, running around with her head cut off carrying a screaming baby with only a diaper on.

So in the spirit of trying to be organized and to head off being THAT lady I was inspired to make a list for vacation...I hope I can cross everything off this list..I really do.

My List

Skin ready to be warmed by the sun and hugged by Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

Hands open and ready to hold smaller hands so they don't get lost.

A mouth ready to smile and laugh. A lot.

Taste buds prepared for the delight of vacation only food and drink.

Happy rested feet ready to skip about the happiest place on earth.

The ability to let my worries go and focus on family and fun.

Eyes, wide open, ready to capture memories to treasure for years to come.






1 comment:

Melissa Lasko said...

FWIW -- I LOVE your list! And I cannot wait to hear the details of how it feels to achieve/"cross off" each item. :) Have a blast!