Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

The rain last night really stunk. I had 2 cats, a scared 6 year old and a loudly snoring husband all squished in my bed. Not a good thing since I ran 13.1 miles yesterday in the rain and all I wanted to do was sleep. Backed out of my drive early this morning and skimmed my husbands car on the way out. Just a little red paint on his black truck. Maybe he won't notice. Went on a family grocery shopping trip. Not fun. Lots of whining and everyone throwing things in the cart. Spent the rest of the day doing laundry and sorting through the never ending piles of papers that end up on my counter every week. Mostly kid's papers and flyers from the school asking for donations or volunteers. Kept 3 out of 134. Had delicious wine and cheese at 4:30 and made a huge dinner. Strawberries with whipped cream for dessert. Lots of yelling and sibling rivalry around this weekend. Everyone lobbying for position and correctness. Vacuuming was actually fun today because I could drown it all out. A slammed door with a head in it sure makes for a lot of crying and more yelling and bruises. Ice cream is the perfect medicine. Well that and a magic ointment made from Jergen's and baby powder. The wind is blowing again and I think I see lightening. I hope not. I need to sleep tonight. This week will be busy. Soccer and soccer and soccer again. Swimming too. Throw in the dentist and a 5th grade strings concert and that looks about right. Trying to gather thoughts to finish a few posts I have started. Can't quite get there. Some things are just harder to say. Or harder for people to hear. Finishing my show and heading to bed. Hoping for no snoring. Maybe I should take some Tylenol PM or get some earplugs.

No comments: