Saturday, February 27, 2010

Laundry is My Life

When I tripped over a pile of dirty laundry yesterday I had an epiphany. I realized that the amount of out of control dirty laundry I have spilling out of baskets and bins and piling up on the floor is beginning to really parallel my life at the moment. Totally out of control. As usual life has hills and valleys and ups and downs and I know that. Right now it is like so many things are getting tossed my way I can't really focus on any of it. Some of it good and some of it bad but all of it stressful. Like the laundry, things are piling up and really starting to stink. Even when I struggle to tackle one pile it doesn't look like a thing has been accomplished. It is like a huge plate of spaghetti, you eat it and eat it but it never looks like any of it is gone. Certainly I want to take control and start sorting the laundry and loading it in to be washed and dried but somehow it is easier to let it pile up in the corner. Easier to turn a blind eye to making decisions and choices that will possibly be wrong. Glossing over the emotions just under the surface and muddling through all the piles trying not to fall. Putting all the energy on keeping the day to day home fires burning and the family calendar obligations filled. No time or desire to focus on the important things like matching socks and clean underwear.

1 comment:

ishatrisha said...

i am totally hearing you! when i don't feel like i have it all together and things are just wild around the house, things like the laundry never get done, or like whats going on right now in my house...i washed clothes last friday, and they are still laying in piles on the couch! i just keep pushing them over to sit and watch television! whats that all about?

-trisha